Valentin Bianchi is a Belgian freelance photojournalist based in Liège, Belgium.
He started his career as a freelance photographer in 2009. His journalistic work focuses on long-term projects and news and promotes freedom of expression. He is also interested in topics related to minorities and the forgotten.
After having studied architecture and worked in various architecture firms such as Greisch, architecture influences his photographic eye and quite graphic style in photography.
Valentin is represented by Studio Hans Lucas, ID/ Photo Agency and Visura.
- 2012 - "Coup de coeur" ANI 2012 for "Stars and Rain" during festival Visa pour l'image - Perpignan, France.
- 2012 - "Stars and rain" is nominated for the UNICEF Photo of the year 2012 Competition.
- 2013 - Finalist for "Visas de l'ANI-PixPalace Grant" with Stars and rain
- 2015 - "Coup de coeur" ANI 2015 for my story in progress "Flee for Her" during Festival Visa pour l'image in Perpignan, France.
- 2017 - Finalist of Mentor Grant 2017 with FreeLens in Brussels and Paris
- 2007 - Paris, France - «Visions décalées» from September 29th to October 27th at Le ventre de l’Architecte, Paris - France.
- 2008/2009 - Bruxelles, Belgium - «E.D.E.N. – Design Textile Paradise» from October 25th 2008 to January 31th 2009 in Royal Museum of Arts and History, Bruxelles – Belgium.
- 2009 - Namur, Belgium - «Na-Mur», City of Namur - Belgium.
- 2009 - St-Georges, Belgium - «The Wall», Centre Culturel de St-Georges - Belgium.
- 2009 - Liège, Belgium - «Berlin Off», Fnac Liège - Belgium.
- 2010 - Liège, Belgium - «Urban Wanderings», Librairie La Carotte, Liège - Belgium.
- 2010 - Dinant, Belgium - «Urban Wanderings» in «Parcours d’Artistes au Pays des Vallées», Centre Culturel Régional de Dinant - Belgium.
- 2010 - Biesmerée, Belgium - «Urban Wanderings», Biesmerée - Belgium.
- 2011 - Bra-Sur-Lienne, Belgium - «Inside the Red Zone» in «Journée Découverte 2011», Heliported Medical Center of Bra-Sur-Lienne, Belgium.
- 2013 - Herve, Belgium - «Inside the Red Zone», Maison du Tourisme in Herve, Belgium.
- 2014 - Liège, Belgium - «Stars & Rain», during Festival ImagéSanté 2014. Centre Hospitalier Universitaire - Sart-Tilman, Liège, Belgium.
- 2015 - Liège, Belgium - «Stars & Rain» at Galerie Satellite from April 15th to June 21th, Liège - Belgium.
- 2016 - Liège, Belgium - «Stars & Rain» during Extra Bal Exhibition at Salle Saint-Georges from October 6th to November 13th, Liège - Belgium.
- 2018 - Liège, Belgium - Collective exhibition and retrospective at Galerie 23, in Liège during the "Biennale de l'Image Possible" from March 3rd to March 25th 2018.
- 2019 - New York, USA - Dysturb #ENDFGM #WOMENMATTER Collective exhibition at the United Nations headquarters and mural-sized paste-ups in the streets of the city from February 7 until March 25, 2019.
- 2019 - Liège, Belgium - "Originelles" collective exhibition at Grignoux (Le Parc and Churchill) from May 23th until June 16th, 2019.